Ginger Snap Pumpkin Pie
- 1 9-inch deep-dish pie shell, unbaked 1
- ¼ cups coarsely chopped ginger snaps
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened butter, melted 1 can (15 oz.)
- Libby's® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Nestle® Carnation Evaporated Milk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
To make pumpkin pie spice: 2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon 1 teaspoon ginger 1 teaspoon nutmeg ½ teaspoon cloves
Preheat: oven to 425˚F.
Combine ginger snaps, flour, brown sugar, salt and melted butter in small bowl. Place 1/2 cup ginger snap mixture on bottom of pie shell.
Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, granulated sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Pour into pie shell.
Bake for 30 minutes and top with Ginger Snap Streusel Topping. Bake for 20 to 30 more minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.