Garlic & Herb-Marinated Chicken Thighs
Grilling Method: Indirect/Medium Heat
- 1 package Weber® Just Add Juice(TM) Garlic & Herb Marinade Mix
- ½ cup lemon juice, about 2 large lemons
- 1 cup white wine
- 8 chicken thighs, about 2 1/4 pounds
- 2 lemons, cut in circular slices
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh thyme or basil for garnish
- In a large, nonreactive bowl or glass 9 x 13 casserole dish, mix Weber® JustAddJuice(TM) Garlic & Herb Marinade Mix, lemon juice and white wine. Add chicken thighs, cover and marinate for 2-4 hours, turning occasionally. Note: I like to marinate in a re-closeable plastic bag.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and blot dry. Carefully lift skin from the top of the thigh and place 1-2 lemon slices under skin, depending on size. Smooth skin down. Brush all over with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Place chicken, bone-side down, in center of cooking grate. You do not need to turn the chicken pieces. Grillroast until breast meat near bone registers 180°F, about 45 minutes depending on the size of the thighs. If you don't have a meat thermometer, cook until no longer pink and the juices run clear.
- Remove from grill using tongs and a spatula, if needed, to preserve the skin on the top of the thighs.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme or basil.