Bacon Cheeseburgers for a Crowd
- 12 slices center cut bacon, cooked and drained
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 pound ground chuck
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 Kaiser rolls or sesame hamburger buns
- 6 Iceberg lettuce leaves
- 6 slices ripe tomato
Grilling Method: Direct/Medium Heat
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove the bacon and set aside on paper towels to drain. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Gently shape the ground meat into six burgers of equal size and thickness (about ¾ inch thick). Brush both sides of the burgers with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place burgers on cooking grate and grill until meat is no longer pink, about 10-12 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time. Top each burger with a slice of the cheese during the last couple of minutes so the cheese will melt. Remove from grill and top each burger with 2 pieces of bacon.
- Serve hot on the buns with lettuce and tomato, and the traditional burger condiments (mayo, mustard, ketchup) if desired.