SERVES 6 People
The texture and the pure sweetness of the ingredients have made this our signature pie at Hill Country Chicken. I like to describe it as a "candy bar in a cup," and because it is so rich, we only make it in the 3-inch "Pie Cup" size. If you chose to make it in a traditional 9-inch, make the slices very thin. The real beauty of this pie is that you can customize it with your favorite combination of flavors!
- 12 mini pie shells or 1 pre-baked 9-inch pie shell. Can be graham cracker, Oreo cookie, shortbread or pre-baked regular crust.
- 2 cups favorite chocolate chunks, morsels or pieces, bittersweet, milk, white, semi-sweet etc.
- 1 cup favorite alternative morsel or chunk, such as toffee, peanut butter, caramel, butterscotch, etc
- 1 cup favorite candy or extra such as, granola, dried fruit such as cherries, or raisins etc.
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups favorite nuts such as walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts
- 1 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk or 1 can and 1 cup dulce de leche or favorite caramel sauce, depending on how dry the mixture is
METHODS/STEPS Preheat oven to 350°F. Stir together all filling ingredients until evenly distributed. Spoon into prepared crusts; either 3-inch or 9-inch. Pat top of pie down with your fingers to make even and fill any holes. Bake for about 10 minutes for little pies and 25 minutes for a 9-inch pie. Let cool completely before serving.