- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Coleman's dry mustard Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Kaiser rolls
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 6 slices cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 6 crisp lettuce leaves (optional)
- 6 slices ripe tomato (optional)
- 6 slices cooked bacon (optional)
- Ketchup (optional) Mustard (optional) Barbecue sauce (optional)
Grilling Method: Direct/Medium Heat
- Being careful not to over-work the meat, mix the sirloin and chuck, add the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper just until combined. Gently shape the meat into six burgers of equal size and thickness (about ¾ inch thick).
- Grill over Direct Medium heat until the meat is no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- If making cheese burgers, top each burger with cheese after you turn it. Meanwhile butter both sides of the rolls and grill the buns over Direct Medium heat until lightly toasted.
- Serve immediately on the buttered rolls with a lettuce leaf, a slice of raw onion, tomato and a slice of bacon if desired.
- Serve with traditional condiments and barbecue sauce on the side.