For every six people * 1 pound ground sirloin
1 pound ground chuck
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Coleman's dry mustard
Freshly ground black pepper
Suggested Toppings (see below)
Grilling Method: Direct/Medium Heat
- Being careful not to over-work the meat, mix the sirloin and chuck, add the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper just until combined.
- Gently shape the meat into six burgers of equal size and thickness (about ¾ inch thick).
- Grill over Direct Medium heat until the meat is no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time. If making cheese burgers, top each burger with guests choice of cheese after you turn it.
- Meanwhile butter both sides of the rolls and grill the buns over Direct Medium heat until lightly toasted.
- Serve immediately buffet style and let your guests build their own burger!
Kaiser Hamburger Seeded Rolls Onion Rolls Rye Bread Bagels Anything else you can think of
Swiss cheese Cheddar cheese Provolone cheese Blue Cheese Anything else you can think of
Sautéed onions Sautéed mushrooms Cooked Bacon Fire-roasted peppers Onions Lettuce,Tomato, Sprouts, Raw onion, Slices of granny smith apple, Pickle relish, Dill pickles, Bread and butter pickles, Pickled Tomatoes, Hot and sweet pickled peppers, Anything else you can think of
Ketchup Mayonnaise Yellow Mustard Dijon Mustard Course-grain mustard Hoisin Sauce BBQ Sauce Steak Sauce Anything else you can think of
Butcher Tip:* Planning for a crowd: If you are making this for a crowd, you will need multiply the amount of meat you need by the number guests expected. If you plan on 1/3 pound of meat per person, it makes it very easy to multiply or subtract the necessary quantities as you can see in the chart below.
Number of Guests Pounds of Meat