Beef Shish Kabob with Pineapple Chunks and Shallots
Grilling Method: Direct/Medium Heat
- 1 package Weber® Just Add Juice(TM) Teriyaki Marinade Mix
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- Zest of a lemon
- 3 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 6 large shallots, cleaned and cut in half
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into 3-inch squares
- 2 gold pineapple, cored and cut into 2-inch chunks
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 28 bamboo skewers, soaked in water or Grill Friends Dual Prong Skewers
- Whisk together package of Weber® Just Add Juice(TM) Teriyaki Marinade Mix, orange juice, pineapple juice and zest.
- Arrange beef chunks in a single layer in a glass dish or a re-closeable plastic bag, and pour marinade over. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, stirring to coat, every 30 minutes. Note: I like to marinate in a re-closable plastic bag.
- To assemble kabobs, put all vegetables on a cutting board with the skewers nearby. Drain meat from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Thread meat onto two skewers, so they resemble a ladder. Leave room in between meat so all pieces cook evenly – you should have about 4 kebabs.
- Repeat skewering with shallots, peppers and pineapple chunks using two bamboo skewers for each kabob.
- Brush all skewers with oil and season everything with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place kabobs in the center of the cooking grate, turning to sear all sides. Cook to desired degree of doneness, 8-10 minutes for medium-rare meat. When skewers are done, remove from grill onto a clean platter.
- The vegetables, pineapple and meat may take different amounts of time to cook. For example, the pineapple will only take about 5 minutes, but the shallots and pepper should be done at the same time as the beef.
- Let meat rest 5 minutes before serving.