Barbecued Brisket Phat Burger
Grilling Method: Direct/Medium Heat
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Coleman's dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 2 inch cubes of barbecued brisket or burnt ends
- 6 2-inch cubes of Longhorn or favorite cheddar cheese
- 12 slices of raw of pickled jalapeno
- Olive oil
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices ripe tomato (optional)
- 6 slices of sweet white onion (optional)
- BBQ Sauce, optional
- Being careful not to over-work the meat, mix the sirloin and chuck, add the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper until just combined.
- Portion the meat into 12 equal pieces and shape each patty to be the same size and shape. In the center of 6 patties, place one cube of brisket, one cube of cheese and 2 slices of jalapeno. Place a patty on the top of each stuffed burger and pinch the sides to seal. Alternatively, use the Grill Friends(TM) Burger Press.
- When ready to grill, brush burgers lightly with olive oil and season with kosher salt. Place burgers on the cooking grate and grill until the meat is no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Meanwhile grill the buns over Direct heat until lightly toasted, if desired.
- Serve immediately on the rolls with a slice of tomato and sweet onion, if desired. Serve with barbecue sauce on the side.