17th Street Bar & Grill's Tangy Baked Beans
- 2 10-ounce cans of pork and beans (such as Campbells)
- 1 15-ounce can of large red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can of chili beans (such as Bush's Chili Starter)
- 2 15-ounce cans of large butter beans, rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can of a fifth bean of your choice
- 2 tablespoons yellow (ballpark) mustard
- 3 cups Hunt's ketchup (Hunt's is not flavored, many others are)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 small to medium green or red pepper, diced
- 1 cups brown sugar
- ½ cup sorghum molasses or honey
- 1-1 ½ tablespoons Magic Dust* or Classic BBQ Rub
4-5 bacon strips
Special Equipment: Disposable Aluminum Container ( 10 ½ X 12 ½ x 2 ½ )
Mix all ingredients well and put into a disposable half-size steamable aluminum container (10 ½ x 12 ½ x 2 ½ ) or a deep 9 x 13 pan. Lay bacon strips across the top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until bubbly.
Reheats well. Will keep in refrigerator for up to one week and may also be frozen.
Reprinted with permission from Mike Mills.
* To order Mike Mills' Magic Dust, call 1-888-4-17TH-RIB or WWW.4-17TH-RIB.COM