Elizabeth's Fast Facts
1. Created Girls at the Grill in 2002 to share her passion for outdoor cooking with girls (and any willing guy) everywhere.
2. Guest Chef at James Beard, June 2002 (Girls at the Grill).
3. Elizabeth introduced her eponymous line of kitchen and grilling tools designed for outdoor cooking and entertaining at the 2004 Housewares Show—first markets under Grill Friends™—followed by Elizabeth Karmel’s Grill Friends™
4. Her Super Silicone Angled BBQ Basting Brush won a Silver Trophy at the 2005 Fancy Food Show for best non-food product and is still the only basting brush that Cook’s Illustrated recommends—and remains a top seller. Sister product, Angled Silicone BBQ Mop won a Gold Medal from the National Barbecue Association (NBBQA) in February 2008
5. Taming the Flame cookbook, Winner of the Gold NBBQA Award (2006)
6. Executive Chef Hill Country: creates and opens Hill Country Barbecue Market, NYC, June 2007; —the first barbecue restaurant in NYC to garner 2 stars from the New York Times.
7. Pizza on the Grill #1 selling Grilled Pizza Book for 5 years; second edition out April 2014—remains in the top 20 on amazon.com
8. Soaked, Slathered and Seasoned NPR Top Pick for Summer 2009
9. July 2010 Hill Country Chicken opens in NYC with Elizabeth as executive chef. March 2011 Hill Country Barbecue Market opens in Washington, DC.
10. Columnist for the Associated Press—writes bi-weekly column entitled, The American Table—September 2010-present.
11. Introduced EEE by Revol in March 2013: Elizabeth’s Everyday Essentials—Elizabeth created a line of 5 cooking and 5 entertaining pieces with REVOL that address the way American's cook and entertain.
12. Launched CarolinaCueToGo.com an online Barbecue Shack selling North Carolina Whole-Hog Barbecue nationwide on November 4, 2014.
13. In the Kitchen with David: Elizabeth SOLD OUT the first time she went on QVC with David Venable on September 23, 2015
14. Created EAT360.tv December 2016
15. Wrote and photographed Steak and Cake—Everyone’s Favorite Saturday Night Meal 2017-2018 (pub Workman, April 2019)